Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Luke Warm: To Sow or Not To Sow

This morning I read the parable of the sower. I reflected on my recent attempts at gardening and how it paralleled with Jesus's analogy. Then I began to look at some of the words used and the cross references from the scripture. This is a compilation of my findings and thoughts.


First scripture that struck me from Luke chapter 8 was verse three. In the NIV it says Joanna the wife of Chuza, the manager of Herod's household; Susanna; and many others. These women were helping to support them out of their own means.


This seemed like an unlikely place for these women to be listed and acknowledged. However it was remarkable to note that they were giving from their own means to Christ and his ministry. (hold that thought)


Next getting into the parable,  Jesus starts by saying a sower went out to sow seed. Sounds like he had intent.  Then he goes on describing all the places the seed fell. So in my visual mind, I see someone just slinging this seed any and every where. Pause, why was he called a sower and not a gardener? Why wasn't he attentive to individually planting each seed in a place where he knew it would survive and be fruitful?


I believe that as sowers of the seed, the gospel it is critical to know that this is what we do. We share the word any and every where. Why? because, 1 Samuel 16:7 The Lord does not look at things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. So as Christians we should remember to remain in a sowers position, because when we try to become a gardener, choosing where and who to share the gospel with, we are judging  based on what we think to be true. God is the gardener. He knows everyone heart and like a gardener He knows what fertilizer will cultivate a good heart and He knows what substance that needs to be removed to make for a good heart. All we know for a fact: we should be slinging this Word as far as we can spread it!


So family, I encourage you to share the Word indiscriminately and join me tomorrow for FREE FRIDAYS! Love you much.


Be blessed and be a blessing,
Kita



No comments:

Post a Comment