Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Heart Songs Wednesdays


Recently I’ve noticed that on the days I have a song in my heart, a song that I continuously hum or sing, the enemy can’t defeat me. I literally laugh at the enemy's futile attacks!  God’s joy bubbles over. Joshua 1:8 Keep this Book of Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. They you will be prosperous and successful.


Singing songs trigger memory verses for me. So even when things become challenging, I force myself to sing my heart song for the day because when I begin to praise my environment changes. When I began to praise, I can see the attacks of the enemy for what they truly are. When I began to praise, I release the overtaking counter on the enemy and regain my joy and my peace. Nehemiah said, “…Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”

So this is my first series, Heart Song Wednesdays. Through this series I want to share my heart songs or song for the week and what verse it brings to mind. I want to cancel out the enemy’s deception that “Hump Day” is lousy, difficult day that we must bare. No everyday we have the victory! So keep His words in your mouth and be prosperous in spirit and all the goodness God has for you! Be successful in every area of your life because the price has already been paid! Rejoice in the Lord because He is our banner!

Sing unto the Lord people!


Chris McClarney- Your Love Never Fails

Romans 8:38-39 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,  neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


Hillsong- None But Jesus

This song reminds me of a message I heard by Pastor Jamal Bryant. A quick summary (will not do him justice) There are two places where God knocks at a door in the Bible. The first is Song of Solomon chapter five. The lover knocks and the lady hesitates and when she came to the door she found myrrh on the latch of the lock. Fast forward ahead, myrrh as given to Jesus at his birth. Finally in Revelation 3:20 Look! I am standing at the door and knocking. If anyone listens to my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he will eat with me (INV) The significance is when God came the first time He knocked and left. But in the New Testament, Jesus came and he is still knocking at our hearts for us to accept him.  So when I hear this song I reflect on the woman from Song of Solomon and her hesitation. I don't want to delay when He calls me. Aside from that this song is so melodic and beautiful.


Donnie McClurkin- I'm Walking

This song too reminds me of a message I heard, and honestly you have to hear it for yourself because there is a lot of reading required so I'll leave you the link to the broadcast center and the dates you want to listed to would be April 30the and May 1st and if you want more after that, check out the Bible Study from April 27th.  Dominion Restored! (Bible Study tonight at 7pm EST)

Jonathan Nelson- Right Now Praise

I'm not going to say much about this song because I have a post inspired by it, so stay tuned.

What are some praise and worship songs that you love and why? Please share I would love to add more to my Rhapsody Library,  three days of praise is not enough!  Be blessed today and lift up some praise!














No comments:

Post a Comment