Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Go Hard to Go Home!

Swirling thoughts is how I would describe my thinking pattern. Steady swirling ideas are the norm in my head, it isn't something I experience under stress or some trans/sleep thing as seen on tv. That's just my brain and I'm okay with it...until I try to formulate these complete thoughts known to man as sentences. It gets a little jumbled up. Please bare with me as I make my point. Here are some of the swirls of the day.

My pastor has been preaching on the blood of Jesus for a while now. (I am NOT complaining. The knowledge is liberating.) Particularly the five points where Jesus shed blood. For each place He shed blood, He delivered us from something and purchased us something. For example, His head, He delivered us from the curse (Gen 3) and purchased the blessing/abundance for us.  (a single swirl)

Whatever may be your task, work at it heartily (from the soul), as [something done] for the Lord and not for men, Knowing [with all certainty] that it is from the Lord [and not from men] that you will receive the inheritance which is your [real] reward. [The One Whom] you are actually serving [is] the Lord Christ (the Messiah) Colossians 3:23  (a long lasting swirl from Monday)

Finally, I totally hate multi tasking. It is not something I do well...okay honestly I avoid doing it all cost because it 9.5 times out of 10 ends up as a disaster. The .5 success I have at multitasking is attributed to Mommy related stuff like breastfeeding while reading. (yeah I know ta-len-ted!) I'm noting this because others often try to pressure me into multi tasking. 

But I have my reasons for NOT multitasking. Top three: 
  1. I put forth a lot of effort to focus on a single thing. Multi-tasking undermines my effort.
  2. I am a starter! I start off strong and productive...and then it wanes...well waning suggest it shrinks slowly  but with me...it diminishes rapidly. I put in MORE effort to finish a task. Multi tasking encourages jumping about not completing any one thing.
  3. My father drilled instilled in me the value of doing your best every time you do something. In his words, "You do it like you signed your name on it." (In those times your name meant a lot...not so much this generation but in my house...it does!)

Making a single thought of my swirling: Multi-tasking is of the world. Supporting my conclusion, Jesus is all powerful Son of God. However He chose to accomplish a single task at a time. Sure, He could have suffered the pains of sin simultaneously and be done but He didn't. He delivered us from every bondage one at a time. He gave us his best regardless of the sacrifice. So in our works, every work, we should do the same.


The enemy decieves us into believing we accomplish more, save time, and are ahead of the game when we multi-task. However the opposite proves true. You are less productive when multi tasking and your quality of work deminishes. Furthermore as Christians we live to a higher standard of excellence. We are called to be focused, disciplined, and decisive in our actions. "Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26 Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air."

So family, I encourage you to GO HARD FOR GOD! Give Him your all in all that you do. Be blessed and be a blessing.

Here is an article on the subject of multi-tasking. http://blogs.hbr.org/bregman/2010/05/how-and-why-to-stop-multitaski.html 


No comments:

Post a Comment